Steel This Recipe

You know how many times I have wandered upon a restaurant that my initial thought is "remember Marilyn, it's not about the food, the decor, the music, the ambience - it's about the company" I enter the space knowing I am not here to be wowed and then surprise! Something on the menu changes my mind, even if it is only that one dish... Now I am not a mollusk lover by any means and though I wholeheartedly support my local clam and oyster fisherman, I dare to slurp on one. We took a 2 day journey down to the Rappahannock in Virginia to see our favorite aunt and uncle and relax on the river with family. We took the boat for some lunch with our girls and oysters are the way to go. I ordered some land lubber safety net and a delicious cold Sculpin Grapefruit for a sunny day but there was something on the menu luring me in. I asked if Aunt Marie and Uncle Frank enjoy oysters and of course they did! They live on a sail boat for pete sake... Great I will order these and you eat them and tell me what you think because boy do they sound awesome! Grilled oysters with bourbo and chipotle BBQ Now not only did I try one but we had a second plate... I know they were grilled and covered in gooey sauce but at least I am now stepping into uncharted oyster territory Baby steps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vieques puerto rico

eatin my little heart out in the bayou