trinity and the pope

okey dokey
here goes
this is my list of must see and do and eat in the Bayou
I am going to get right to the point...
Thanksgiving is upon us and we are hosting our 5th annual holiday community dinner to bring comfort and hope to all those feeling melancholy.....so we are gettin busy in the kitchen
fried alligator at Cochon
spicy grilled pork ribs with watermelon pickle with Cochon
Rootbeer float with Catdaddy Moonshine at Cochon
Bar B Q shrimp over grits with a uniquely wonderful etouffe type sauce - Dick and Jenny's
Buffet lunch at Matt and Naddie's
Charcuterie plate at Dantes
Pickled Peanuts at Dante's
Meat Loaf at Ignatius
Fried Chicken and potato salad at Willie Mays Scotch House
Praline Bacon at Elizabeth's
Begnets at Cafe Dumonde of course....
Coffee at Croissant d'or
Muffuletta and off beat food items at Central Grocery
THE CRESENT CITY FARMER"S MARKET - support the community wherever you are or go....
Best Sazerac Atmosphere
either the Roosevelt Hotel or The Napoleon
Best Sazerac the Swizzle Stick Bar
Best restaurant tee shirts - Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar or Cochon "corn star"
Best Local Art - Jackson Square
My favorite stop for bloody's in the afternoon - Pirates Alley
Favorite late night - d.b.a. or anything on Frenchman Street - Vaughn's on Thursdays
Favorite dive bar - Buffa's on Esplenade
Favorite wine shop/bar - W.I.N.O.
The Best Shoe store ever!!!! Trashy Diva on Chartres St.
Best thrift shopping - Bargain Center on Dauphine and the other Bywater shops
Hotel i wish I stayed at - Loft 523 or the one I love The Melrose "not the one I stayed in on this trip- Bourbon Orleans"
Best Salon and you know that's what really get's me to the Bayou - Urban Angels on Magazine
spots I wish I had time for even though we hit a hell of a line up in 3 days - I must say
Saturn Bar - we tried and tried and will try again
Upperline and Restaurant Patois - heard the chef's hit up the Tuesday markets!!!!!
Gautreau's
Mandina's
My favorite spot which I missed this trip -Atchafalaya - they don't get the press they deserve!!!!
Lola's Chocolate cake - still hoping for the recipe
so long and farewell Til Fat Tuesday!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vieques puerto rico

eatin my little heart out in the bayou